The mission of America’s Counselor is to help students graduate high school with a plan in place to progress in life by acquiring additional skills through advanced education, training or service in the armed forces.
To this end, America’s Counselor provides educational services for students and families which include:
- Evaluation of academic progress and performance; applying corrective strategies to suit each individual teen in grades 9-12 via the World Wide Web.
- Offering workshops in areas of High School Success and College Prep; identifying issues that interfere with school success.
- Providing information and guidance on appropriate course selections, academic counseling, and other educational services based on individual needs.
- Providing information relating to educational services, i.e. presenting information to community members.
- Speaking engagements on current topics in education.
Joseph Adegboyega-Edun, M. A., an educator for more than twenty years has taught and counseled junior high school/middle school and high school students in New York City, Durham, North Carolina and Maryland. He is a counselor and college adviser in Maryland. He is a member of the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) and served on its Editorial Board.